Now that the holidays are behind us and we are well and truly into the New Year, I wanted to take a look back at 2009. What follows are three of my favorite posts from each month.
- Calculating Your Mortgage Refinance Payback Period
- Should You Pay Your Kids for Good Grades?
- Commonly Overlooked Income Tax Deductions
- Ten Common Income Tax Credits
- How to Choose an Online Savings Account
- Alternatives to High Yield Online Savings Accounts
- How to Save Money on Health Insurance
- Debt Reduction vs. Retirement Savings
- How to Save Money on Life Insurance
- The Downside of Target Date Mutual Funds
- How to Get Out of Debt
- How to Fix Errors on Your Credit Report
- Do You Care About Your Credit Score?
- How to Save Money on Car Insurance
- Pay Off Mortgage Early? Or Invest?
- How to Pay Off Your Mortgage Early
- Joint or Separate Finances?
- Index Mutual Funds vs. Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Breaking Free From a Culture of Temptation
- Save Money by Questioning Your Purchases
- Buy vs. Rent: The Real Estate Dilemma
- Calculating Your Real Hourly Wage
- Investment Performance: Itâ€™s a Matter of Perspective
- Avoid Lifestyle Inflation: Create an Artificial Sense of Scarcity
- How to Get a Raise (or at Least Keep Your Job)
- The Pareto Principle and Building a Better You
- Create Your Own â€œExtended Warranty Fundâ€
- Clean and Maintain Your Windows Computer for Free
- Salary Negotiation â€“ How to Win
- Should We Get Rid of 401(k) Plans?
- Use Weight Loss Strategies to Get Out of Debt
- How Much Does Your Debt Cost?
- Considering a High Deductible Health Plan
- How to Get a Good Deal on an Apartment
- How to Ask for Discounts
- Can You Retire With a Million Dollars?
While making the above list, I came across numerous instances where I wanted to highlight more than three articles in a month. Because of this, I’ve put together a list of twenty more articles that are deserving of an “honorable mention.”
- Refundable vs. Non-Refundable Income Tax Credits
- Turning Money Into Time
- CD Ladders in a Low Interest Rate Environment
- Visualize Your Savings Goals
- How to Save Money on Groceries â€“ 45 Ways to Reduce Your Grocery Bill
- Lending Money to Family and Friends
- How to Prepare for a Power Outage â€“ Without a Generator
- Risk Tolerance vs. Risk Capacity
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- How to Find the Best Mortgage Rates
- Strategies to Curb Lifestyle Inflation
- How to Get Off Junk Mail and Telemarketing Lists
- How to Save Money on Homeowners Insurance
- Historical FDIC Insurance Limits
- How to Get Out of Your Cell Phone Contract
- Is it Possible to Live Without Credit Cards?
- How to Find a Good Deal
- What is Debt Settlement?
- Who and How Much to Tip During the Holidays
- Your 401(k) Match: Donâ€™t Miss Out on Free Money
Thanks again for a great 2009, and best wishes for 2010.
One Response to “The Best of 2009”
Didn’t notice your alternatives to high yield savings accounts post in Feb so glad you listed it here. I’m considering P2P lending to improve my return. Thanks!