Year-End Tax Savings

Year-End Tax Savings

This is just a quick reminder that, if you requested an income tax filing extension, your 2010 income tax return is due this coming Monday, October 17th. Assuming that you did request an extension, you likely made an estimated payment when you submitted Form 4868.

Be sure to claim credit for this payment on the appropriate line of your tax return:

  • Form 1040, line 68
  • Form 1040A, line 44 (include in total)
  • Form 1040EZ, line 10 (include in total)

If you’re filing a 1040A or 1040EZ, you should also enter the words “Form 4868″ and the amount paid alongside the value on line 44 or 10.

Leave a Reply