I’ve written in the past about the Amazon.com price drop policy, and I just wanted to remind everyone about and also provide some simple instructions on how to use it…
As you may or may not Amazon guarantees their prices for 30 days. If they reduce the price on something that you’ve purchased within the past 30 days, they’ll issue a credit (although you have to ask for it). What follows is a simple walkthrough of the process…
If you want to check if any of your purchases are eligible for a refund, just follow these steps:
(1) Visit “Your Account” and look at all invoices from the past thirty days.
(2) Click on the item names to pull up the current item description/price and compare to the price that you paid.
(3) If you paid more than the current price, copy down the order number and go to:
» Returns and Refunds Contact Form
(4) Check of the item(s) in question and then click the e-mail button. Select “Refund Inquiry” as your subject.
(5) In the body of the message, tell them that the price dropped and that you want to be credited for the difference. It might help to mention the item name as well as old and new price, but I’m not sure that’s entirely is necessary.
That’s it. Before long you’ll have an e-mail back from Amazon acknowledging your claim and promising to refund the difference back to your credit card.
Again, here’s the link to get started: Returns and Refunds Contact Form
2 Responses to “Become an Amazon.com Price Drop Ninja”
Thanks for the tip! I buy a ton of stuff through Amazon, so this will definitely help me save some money. I didn’t even know about this policy. I love a good deal.
I got about $75 back on a high end camera we bought when the price dropped 2 weeks after we bought it…hopefully more people will use this service, its great!