UPDATE: The site in question disappeared so I removed the link and put up instructions.
Here’s a quick rundown of how to get your refund the old-fashioned way…
(1) Visit “Your Account” and look at all invoices from the past thirty days.
(2) Click on the item names to pull up the current item description/price and compare to the price that you paid.
(3) If you paid more than the current price, copy down the order number and go to:
(4) Check of the item(s) in question and then click the e-mail button. Select “Refund Inquiry” as your subject.
(5) In the body of the message, tell them that the price dropped and that you want to be credited for the difference. It might help to mention the item name as well as old and new price, but I’m not sure that’s entirely is necessary.
Given the ease of taking advantage of this policy, there’s no excuse for not getting the best possible deal when shopping at Amazon.com for books, etc.
Again, here’s the link to get started: Returns and Refunds Contact Form