The $50 offer expired, but you can still get a $25 signup bonus.
Time is running short on this one, but apparently ING Direct is offering a $50 signup bonus for their Electric Orange checking account. There are two catches… First, it looks like you have to have an ING Direct savings account (not a big deal, as you can just open one now). Second, this deal apparently expires on October 31st.
Here’s how it works:
- If you don’t already have one, open an ING Direct savings account
- Click through to open an Electric Orange account
- Enter EM227 when prompted for a reference code
- Activate your debit and make 3 signature-based transactions within 45 days
- Receive a $50 credit in your account within 50 days
Note: When I tried to signup through the Electric Orange url, everything worked fine until I got to the identify verification step. Unfortunately, it errored out at that point, so… I ended up calling them at 1-888-ING-0727 and they completed the activation process in just 2-3 minutes. Just be sure to tell them about the promo code if you have to call.
Click the button below to get started opening your online savings account…